Position: Group Head of Residential Development
Closing date: 30/01/2017
Rendeavour is seeking to fill a new Head of Residential Developments position for its operations across Africa. This is an outstanding opportunity to be a lead player in Africa’s urban future
Working closely with local teams as well as with other Group Functional Heads, Group Head of Residential Development will be responsible for managing residential development projects across Rendeavour’s portfolio. The projects will typically be large-scale, covering all market segments from affordable to high-end.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identify strategic and potentially profitable residential development opportunities across the portfolio;
- Manage appropriate market studies, feasibility studies, concept development, financial appraisal and other activities aimed at creating bankable, deliverable projects;
- Prepare and obtain acceptance of business plans;
- Lead negotiations with project partners and contractors;
- Identify and source equity investors and debt providers;
- Implement best practices across projects, train local resources, build capacity and institutional knowledge;
- Identify and recruit internal delivery team whilst also utilizing the existing in-house resources;
- Identify the best individual and corporate consultants in the market to work with the in-house team;
- Identify and recruit the best sales teams in all markets;
- Manage the marketing of the projects;
- Recommend the most appropriate form of construction procurement;
- Ensure construction is carried out on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed quality parameters;
- Ensure adherence to health, safety and quality standards;
- Deliver projects in accordance with the agreed business plan;
- Advise on property, facility management and after care services for all projects;
- Carry out thorough and incisive market research to ensure the most appropriate products for the market and Rendeavour’s sites;
- Identify new construction technologies and methods of improving logistics and supply chains;
- Monitor and report on competing developments and other relevant market information; and
- Ensure application and compliance with Group Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in real estate, development management, project management or related professional discipline;
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in residential real estate development with at least 5 years of relevant experience in emerging markets, preferably in Africa;
- Effective development/project management skills;
- Excellent budgeting skills;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Deal structuring skills; and
- Good knowledge and understanding of legal and financial aspects of real estate development.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment;
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Rigorous and organized approach; and
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Africa.
How to apply
Interested candidates who qualify for the position should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating 'Group Head of Residential Development' as the title.