Utilities Manager, Kenya
Position: Utilities Manager, Kenya
Rendeavour is seeking to fill a new Utilities Manager position for its operations in Kenya. This is an outstanding opportunity to be a lead player in Kenya’s premier new cities and Africa’s urban future.
Under the general direction of the Head of Utilities, the successful candidate will manage the day-to-day implementation of all commercial front office functions and components of the integrated utility business in Tatu City – TATUconnect.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setup and implement the ERP platform for the multiutility operations along with the pre – selected technology provider, including participation in the project implementation of the overall metering solution for Tatu City.
- Work closely with the Delivery team to ensure smooth handover and consistent service for clients during and after the construction phase.
- Work closely with the Head of Utilities to implement and manage the Utilities Billing and Revenue Management System to ensure profitability.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth for the multi-utilities customer base over time.
- Manage and oversee the overall end-to-end customer engagement process for new customer connections, disconnections and re-connections.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution. Set a clear mission on service delivery and overall customer experience and deploy strategies focused towards that mission. Will ensure the multiutility entities customer service charter is fully implemented.
- Effectively implement and ensure enforcement of TATUconnect’s multi-utility policies and procedures; assists in meeting short and long term plans for the utility and means of accomplishing these goals.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports on customer behavior and satisfaction levels.
- Analyze financial, technical and billing data and identify issues and opportunities; support and reinforce front office efforts for credit collections.
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment. Perform annual evaluations as per assigned KPI’s and policies established at TATUconnect.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets. Monitor and oversee internal quality standards are met for the operational deliverables of the Customer Service Department.
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other departments, TATUconnect board, regulatory agencies, consultants and customers. Responds to requests for information and meets commitments with reasonable time.
- Conform with and abide by all written and non-written regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions; ensures conformance and conforms to all safety rules and ensures use of all appropriate safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned (i.e., assist property management teams and other departments as needed; participate in required training as applicable; etc.).
Hard skills and experience:
- At least 7 years of solid working experience in a commercial role in utility or infrastructure companies, ideally in energy, water or telecom services. Candidates from top tier consultancy firms with similar industry knowledge will also be considered.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience of working in a startup environment.
- Previous exposure to greenfield construction projects and built environment will be an advantage.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous and organized approach, good attention to detail.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Desire to live and work in Nairobi.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send CVs to email@example.com quoting 'Utilities Manager, Kenya' as the subject