Associate, Strategy and Execution
Position: Associate, Strategy and Execution
Closing date: 31/03/2019
The Associate will be responsible for comprehensive analysis of existing and new projects across Rendeavour. Particular focus will be on top structure development strategy. The Associate will also be heavily involved in execution of major transactions, including large land sales and financing deals at project and Group level. The Associate will work closely with the Chief of Staff, the CFO, the Head of Finance and the in-country teams.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Financial and commercial analysis of new land sales, new development projects and other business opportunities presented for approval by senior management.
- Creating and maintaining business plans and financial models for top structure developments.
- Upgrading and maintaining core project land models.
- Upgrading and maintaining utility business models (including power, water and telecoms).
- Contributing to strategic capital raising initiatives across the Group.
- Contributing to strategy development and implementation in relation to new businesses such as utilities and top structure development.
- Contributing to deal origination and execution across the Group.
- Assisting with preparation and coordination of annual business plans.
- Assisting with preparation and coordination of monthly management reporting.
- Creating high quality presentations for senior management.
- Assisting with monitoring compliance with Rendeavour’s Corporate Governance Handbook including the Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy and the Anti-Money Laundering Policy.
- Other ad hoc tasks.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of solid work experience from a reputable investment bank, PE fund or a top tier consultancy firm.
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Excellent financial modelling skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven ability to present information clearly in a report or presentation to senior management;
- Good understanding of and ability to apply basic concepts in finance and economics;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, good commercial judgment;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Rigorous and organized; and
- Experience of working effectively in a multicultural environment.
- High energy;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Exceptional work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Passion for Africa.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'Associate, Strategy and Execution' as the subject.