CITY SERVICES COORDINATOR, NIGERIA
Position: City Service Coordinator
Working with the City Manager at Alaro City, the City Services Coordinator is responsible for helping to provide a productive, comfortable and safe operating environment for owners, residents, employees, visitors and property within Alaro City by developing and maintaining integrated systems, policies and procedures for the operation and maintenance of Alaro City’s facilities and assets. They are also required to assist in developing and supervising all upgrade and maintenance plans, to oversee the work of contractors and service providers.
Other responsibilities include:
- Helping develop and maintain an efficient and effective City Management “One Stop customer service shop” ensuring that all customer inquiries and concerns are attended to expeditiously and satisfactorily.
- Share detailed statistical customer feedback.
- Physically and virtually attend to customers’ requests and complaints.
- Create and implement customer service procedures that will enhance City Management’s service delivery, operating procedures and standards.
Facilities and Asset Management
- Assist the City Manager in developing and implementing a comprehensive and integrated facilities and assets management and maintenance plan.
- Daily supervision of diverse technical and soft services projects, trades workforce and third-party service providers for road and road furniture, security infrastructure, landscaping, waste management, transportation, and environmental management, among others.
- Prioritization of projects and activities and the maintenance of all safety and quality standards and agreed-upon timelines and goals.
- Ensure operational efficiency by City Management by developing Requests for Proposals, reviewing and advising on the submitted information, and ensuring compliance with the approved procurement systems, procedures and guidelines.
- Assisting the City Manager in the preparation of an annual City Management maintenance budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, reporting and implementing corrective action as required.
- Developing and maintaining current and historical references by implementing filing, retrieval, retention and security systems for all contracts, plans, work orders, etc. and maintaining an up-to-date register for approved contractors and service providers.
- Ensure the asset register is kept up to date and meets the data standard requirements
- Manage the lifecycle plan creation and output to inform capital project programs.
- Create recommendations for the maintenance strategy, ensuring the right intervention for an asset is based on risk, condition and performance.
- Align work activity with the estate strategy and client business objectives.
- To benchmark, learn about and improve the cost/performance/risk balance.
- Assess and continually improve the asset management system.
- Ensure the City and asset management processes meet the clients’ business objectives and Alaro City’s contractual requirements and commitments.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly Reporting on City Management activities and works. Responsible for obtaining, creation and coordination of proper City Management documentation.
Hard skills and experience:
- A degree or equivalent experience in Facilities Management, Real Estate Management, Project Management, Construction Management or equivalent.
- A postgraduate qualification in customer service will be an added advantage.
- At least four years’ facilities management experience involving mixed-use developments or diversified property portfolios.
- General construction knowledge and ability to regularly interact with engineers, architects, city planners, and general contractors
- Ability to read and interpret CAD files, including MEP.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of facilities and asset management best practices, policies and standards.
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA regulations and guidelines
- Endurance to stand and walk extensively at job sites.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Good attention to detail.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing environment.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘City Services Coordinator’ as the subject.