Position: Civil Engineer
- Interact directly on site with contractors and closely monitor all activities, progress and performance;
- Track work programs and update construction progress on a weekly basis and flag, advice and report potential risks of time lapse and its consequences every forth night;
- Ensure projects costs are well maintained and communicated timely to ensure delivery within budget.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, flag and report all budget and timeline variations in real time and maintain records of said variations in a central location on Egnyte;
- Ensure all project and site works are carried out to specification, flagging deviations on quality/standards in real time;
- Ensure design information (i.e. drawings, contracts specifications) are up to date and filed properly;
- Enforcing financial penalties to contractors for breach of contracts and standards;
- Coordinate the works of Civil Supervisors and ensure that their records are up to date and easily accessible by the team;
- Liaise with and coordinate all consultants; ensuring that design information is coordinated between all concerned parties. This includes tracking activity worksheets and dissemination of information on a weekly basis to the wider team;
- Ensure the timely delivery of the design and construction of planned infrastructure within contracted cost and time period;
- Assist in coordinating all Civil, Electrical & Mechanical works supervision;
- Provide sales team with the necessary technical information required to support the sales drive;
- Ensure that projects costs are well maintained and communicated timely; leading to maintained costs. All variations to be reported and approval sought before implementation on site. Records should be kept of such variations;
- Jointly participate in weekly site meetings with the Site Manager and all contractors; checking progress; anticipating future works and potential interference with the clients;
- Identify potential risks issues and seek solutions with the support of the Delivery team; Detailed program of the connection of the Clients to the utilities must be prepared by the PM and shared with the Delivery team for planning and execution;
- Ensure application and compliance with Group Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy, Anti-Money Laundering Policy and Health, Safety and Quality standards;
- Ensure detailed implementation of Health and Safety policies on site at all times; and All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hard skills and experience:
- Civil Engineering graduate; registered with a recognized reputable professional Engineering body (within or outside Nigeria)
- 6-8 years’ on site experience covering the management of infrastructure projects; showing track record of successful management of similar large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of the FIDIC conditions of Contract and Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction, 1986 Edition is mandatory.
- Site experience, management and reporting
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible, strong commercial judgment.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Good negotiation skills
- Good attention to detail.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Ability to work in shifts and do overtime hours
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing environment.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Civil Engineer’ as the subject.