Commercial Director, Power
Position: Commercial Director, Power
Closing date: 01/08/2017
The Commercial Director will be responsible for planning and implementing high quality, cash generative power supply/distribution and generation businesses on Rendeavour sites. The Commercial Director work closely with the CEO, the Chief of Staff, the Head of Construction and Delivery, the Chief Electrical Officer and the in-country teams
Specific responsibilities as follows:
- Assess feasibility, prepare and implement comprehensive power business plans for each site;
- Recruit and manage best-in-class personnel;
- Manage regulatory approval processes;
- Manage interim supply of power on the ground;
- Engage and supervise specialist consultants as required;
- Supervise and assist with the initial set up process of other utilities such as water;
- Ensure close cooperation with the delivery team during planning and implementation in each country; and
- Ensure compliance with Rendeavour’s Corporate Governance Handbook including the Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy and the Anti-Money Laundering Policy.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in commercial day-to-day management of power businesses with at least five years of relevant experience in emerging markets, preferably in Africa;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, development management, project management or related professional discipline;
- Effective project management skills;
- Excellent budgeting skills;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Deal structuring skills;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of legal and financial aspects of power businesses; and
- Electrical, mechanical or electro-technical engineering skills will be an advantage.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment;
- Team player;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Good management skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Rigorous and organized approach;
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves; and
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Africa.
How to apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Commercial Director, Power'