FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER, WATER, NIGERIA
Position: Field Service Engineer, Water
Under the general direction of the Utilities Manager, this position will provide all necessary field technical support to maintain the main trunk water line, the tank farm, plant operations and the precinct distribution network. The role also entails service and quality responsibility for clients and end users services and customer satisfaction.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supervise water treatment plant(s) and distribution network to ensure round the clock availability of potable water for city use.
- Facilitate the supply and sale of water to constructing and operational customers.
- Carry out billing and monitoring exercises to ensure water supply is accounted for while staying within acceptable standards for losses
- Monitor and report daily water demand versus water treatment plant production capacity to identify gaps and make recommendation on any expansion works required to accommodate new or anticipated increase in water demand.
- Collaborate with other engineers at site and staff members to identify, define and resolve service issues with the water line and customer connections.
- Conduct mechanical assembly utilizing power and manual tools including plumbing works required to connect, disconnect and re – connect users to the water network.
- Undertake minor break fixes and re – connections on site.
- Document, contribute and follow up on client service requests ensuring that resolution remains within generally communicated turn-around time for complaints/request resolution.
- Supervise and provide technical support to the rest of the water team.
- Oversee and coordinate routine activities of water engineering and resource management.
- Conduct work progress inspections, prepare progress reports related to water supply on continuous basis as required along with complete end water installations checkout.
- Ensure quality and compliance to parameters and codes preceding handover to client.
- Supervise works on site and prepare detailed work plans as well as mini-schedules to ensure proper completion.
- Coordinate and record client as well as vendor needed water installations and tests verifications.
- Support technical coordination of tag-out and lock-out program activities.
- Raise Field Material Request of permanent components for purchase.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Coordinate water quality tests and ensure reporting while establishing corrective measures where necessary.
- Report, plan and supervise for any required system repairs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other departments, consultants and customers. Responds to requests for information and meet commitments within reasonable timelines.
- Conform with and abide by all written and non-written regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions; ensures conformance and conforms to all safety rules and ensures use of all appropriate safety equipment by team.
- Perform other duties as assigned (i.e., assist property management teams and other departments as needed; participate in required training as applicable; etc.)
Hard skills and experience:
- Higher National Diploma/ Technical College Degree or undergraduate degree in hydrology, water engineering or other related studies from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least 6 years of proven working experience in an industrial scale-water treatment plant as a water engineer dealing with water supply and distribution infrastructure.
- Must have ability to read blueprints and design drawings
- Must have hands-on of at least 3 years of experience in machinery operation and preventive maintenance of water and sewerage systems.
- Good understanding of principles and procedures of water treatment and distribution, and wastewater treatment and collection.
- Proficiency in the use of MS word, and relevant water software’s and can interpret drawings.
- Ability to work well in frequently changing security environments
- Good reporting skills
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work with dangerous chemicals and knowledge of health and safety guidelines for chemical handling and heavy machinery.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Ability to work in shifts and do overtime hours
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to WaterEngineerRole@AlaroCity.com quoting ‘Water Technician’ as the subject.