Finance Associate, Nigeria
The Finance Associate will support the Head of Finance in the planning, implementation, management and running of all Nigeria’s financial activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage General Ledger in line with IFRS standards.
- Maintain chart of accounts and reports in SAGE ERP.
- Ensure ongoing and period-end postings are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct timely reconciliation of significant balance sheet accounts.
- Create and maintain master data for new/modified assets, depreciation rules etc. in IT systems, and process ongoing transactions.
- Verify financial records from all sources and obtains appropriate approval before posting into the general ledger.
- Generate all data and reports to satisfy management, statutory and fiscal reporting requirements.
- Review the trial balance and sub-ledgers for integrity and accuracy and report errors and inconsistencies to the Head of Finance.
- Assist the Head of Finance in the monthly and quarterly reporting process, group reporting and other finance-related tasks.
- Prepares journals for review and approval by the Head of Finance before posting into the accounting software.
- Responsible for managing audit process from start to finish including pre-audit activities.
- Assist with ensuring the group’s policy on procurement is strictly adhered to.
- Track and control consolidated cash flow and manage intercompany loans and investments.
- Supervise document control procedures to ensure strict adherence to the document retention policy.
- Conduct cash and bank reconciliation ensuring accuracy at all times.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hard skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent, an MBA would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 4-6 years cognate experience or any similar combination of education and experience, with at least 4 years at a Big Four firm.
- A professional member of an industry-relevant association (ACCA or ICAN)
- Knowledge of accounting software/package.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Advance proficiency in Microsoft Excel is mandatory.
- Knowledge of IFRS, local taxes and requirements.
- Experience in liaising with the auditors and managing an audit process from start to finish;
- Ability to create and manage a database
- Demonstrated abilities in a variety of real estate areas such as: transaction management, strategic planning, financial analysis and project/construction management.
- Demonstrated abilities in management reporting: preparing and presenting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects of various sizes and complexity across diversified customer base.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Selling skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘Finance Associate, Nigeria’ as the subject.