Financial Accountant, Nigeria
Position: Financial Accountant
Responsibilities will include:
- Adherence to all internal controls.
- Assist with balance sheet accounts and reconciliation.
- Prepare relevant schedules such as prepayment schedules, depreciation schedules, WHT
payable schedules, intercompany schedules, loan schedules.
- Assist with payment processing within agreed timelines and parameters.
- Assist the Head of finance with month-end close out processes and the month-end reports.
- Assist the Head of Finance in the preparation on the monthly cash flow reports submitted to
the group finance.
- Assist with the preparation of group quarterly report using the prescribed group reporting
- Assist with the monthly statutory filing and monthly tax accounts (VAT, WHT,etc).
- Maintain the general ledger of all Rendeavour entities.
- Prepare first drafts of financial statements for all Rendeavour Nigeria entities to be reviewed
by the Head of finance.
- Prepare first drafts of reports for management use, such as but not limited to quarterly
financial board reports.
- Ensure a smooth internal and external audit process by preparing audit schedules and
submitting all supporting documents.
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies.
- Conduct detailed risk analysis to assess potential investments.
- Analyse financial trends.
- Provide support to the wider team beyond the finance department.
- Assist with ensuring the group’s policy on procurement is strictly adhered to.
- Supervise document control procedures to ensure strict adherence to the document
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hard skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4-6 years cognate experience or any similar combination of education and
experience, with at least 4 years at a Big Four firm.
- A professional member of an industry-relevant association (ACCA or ICAN)
- Knowledge of accounting software/package.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Advance proficiency in
Microsoft Excel is mandatory.
- Knowledge of IFRS, local taxes and requirements.
- Experience in liaising with the auditors and managing an audit process from start to finish;
- Ability to create and manage a database.
- Demonstrated abilities in a variety of real estate areas such as: transaction management,
strategic planning, financial analysis and project/construction management.
- Demonstrated abilities in management reporting: preparing and presenting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to
effectively present information.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects of various sizes and complexity across
diversified customer base.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving
several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Selling skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
‘Financial Accountant’ as the subject.