Free zone/Legal Associate
Position: Free zone/Legal Associate
Rendeavour is looking for a resource that possesses a strong background in free zone administration and commercial law.
Responsibilities will include:
- Draft and review legal documents, term sheets, offer letters, agreement to lease, deed of sublease, procurement agreement, utilities agreements, etc.
- Draft and review of contracts and identification of potential risk factors for new and existing transactions.
- Provide litigation and court process drafting support to the Head of Legal.
- Assist in the review of the Corporate Governance Handbook (CGHB) of all Rendeavour entities in Nigeria.
- Flag all non-compliance with the Corporate Governance Handbook of RHL, Alaro City Development FZC and other Rendeavour entities in Nigeria.
- Assist with company secretarial functions, such as statutory filling, updating the company’s records on an ongoing basis etc. promptly.
- Maintain and regularly update the contract database.
- Conduct legal research as may be required.
- Assist in the strategic plan for free zone revenue generation.
- Assist the free zone operations manager in the review and execution of incorporation documents received from prospective enterprises.
- Support the head of legal to ensure submission of Annual Returns (for Alaro City Development FZC to NEPZA.
- Liaise with the free zone operations manager to ensure receipt of Annual Returns from enterprises as agreed with the individual entity in line with Alaro City Regulation/NEPZA Regulation.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hard skills and experience:
- At least 3 – 6 years of core legal experience;
- Wide and strong network in Nigerian and international business circles;
- Must have been called to the Nigerian Bar;
- Sound knowledge of Free zone administration in Nigeria.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Task oriented, initiative driven, and enthusiastic;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent report writing and documentation skill;
- Good IT skills; and
- Good team player.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic; and
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘Free zone/Legal Associate’ as the subject.