Group Financial Controller
Position: Group Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller will support Group CFO in managing finance related functions throughout the Group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of group consolidated financial statements and management of group audit process.
- Coordinate and supervise annual third-party valuation of Rendeavour assets.
- Supervising preparation and submission of statutory accounts and tax fillings.
- Maintain accounts in Sage for offshore holding companies.
- Group management reporting, including quarterly IFRS balance sheets and P&L’s (if required).
- Supervising project accounting and reporting.
- Manage forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Monitor and control budgets versus actual spend/income on a monthly basis.
- Closely monitor and control all spending throughout the Group, stay within budgets, identify and achieve savings.
- Managing liquidity throughout the Group.
- Maintain and update on a monthly basis an accurate cash flow forecast for the Group.
- Monitor and manage all existing shareholder, intercompany and third party loans.
- Manage all treasury functions throughout the Group.
- Work together with the CFO on attracting new investors in development projects.
- Review and help manage financial models for all projects.
- Assist CFO in any other relevant matters.
Skills and experience:
- Chartered Accountant minimum with 7 – 10 years hands-on experience;
- Big 4 accounting training/experience preferred;
- Real Estate Investment experience preferred;
- Internationally educated;
- Ability to perform a complex Group consolidation;
- Good understanding of IFRS;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (complex formulae, sensitivity analysis );
- Overall responsibility for management of a finance department;
- Cash flow forecasting and variance analysis, budgeting skills;
- Financial modelling, scenario analysis and due diligence experience;
- Experience in liaising with the auditors and managing an audit process;
- Ability to implement new accounting and/or reporting systems and internal controls software: Sage or similar;
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven ability to present information clearly in a report or presentation to senior management;
- Good understanding of and ability to apply basic concepts in finance and economics;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, good commercial judgment.
- Exceptional work ethic;
- Rigorous and organized;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.