Position: HSE Officer
- Develop, evaluate, and implement occupational health and safety programs and strategies and
enforce compliance on site to assure safety, healthy and efficient operations.
- Carry out daily audits and inspections of work sites, as required to assure compliance with
safety and health program requirements.
- Inspect and examine all health and safety related complaints, workplace accidents, outbreaks.
of diseases, the spill of hazardous toxins or poison
- Search for physical, biological, and chemical workplace hazards.
- Investigate construction sites to ascertain equipment, production, and material processes do
not pose a safety or health hazard to employees, contracted workers, guests, and the general
- Prepare technical reports of inspection findings; and develop corrective actions.
- Write daily health and safety reports or injury logs and ensure they are completed and submitted to relevant government agencies.
- Review existing policies and measures, and update them according to legislation.
- Develop and implement frameworks to reduce incidents, and accidents and improve workplace safety.
- Train all employees and relevant stakeholders on issues of workplace safety and environmental protection.
- Run drills and exercise with site workers and contractors on how to manage emergencies.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery, waste disposal).
- Organise OHS training of employees and inductions for site contractors and workers.
- Verify the adequacy and safety of all work proposed tools and equipment.
- Review and approve all subcontractors’ safety plans.
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete minutes of meetings and daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required
- Ensure adherence to Health, Safety, and Quality standards.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your line manager
Hard skills and experience:
- A minimum of 4-6 years experience as a safety officer
- Profound knowledge of industry standards and regulations (OSHA)
- Experience writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Ability to communicate excellently in both oral and written format.
- Ability to climb heights using ladders or scaffolding.
- Mature, pragmatic, and flexible approach.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and record-keeping abilities – maintaining good records of all safety-related activities.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com, quoting ‘HSE Officer’ as the subject.