ICT & TELECOMMS ENGINEER, NIGERIA
Position: ICT & Telecomms Engineer
In close collaboration with the Utilities manager, this position will be required to provide specialist design, configuration, implementation, and ongoing support of ICT and telecoms infrastructure.
The responsibilities also include building, maintaining, and updating the cloud and on-premises infrastructure with an emphasis on security, data confidentiality, system integrity, availability, and reliability.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring, technical support, and planning of all aspects of the network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/Wireless network) while ensuring the ICT environment is secure.
- Develop and design accurate city-wide network topology network diagrams and documentation for planning network communication systems.
- Supervise and implement the siting of devices and equipment to facilitate last-mile connections.
- Track and repair fiber outages on GPON and active ethernet in coordination with the utilities teams.
- GPON Network rollout, maintenance and setup.
- GPON & EPON OLT equipment configurations.
- OSP/ISP aerial and underground fiber implementation.
- Ensure availability of devices and services on the GPON core and access network.
- Managing the various ERP modules, database structure and points of integration with other applications.
- Testing and integration with Billing Management and Network Management systems
- Maintain and monitor Alaro City ICT systems to ensure 100% uptime.
- Ensure entities’ compliance with ICT company policies and procedures.
- Support regulatory engagements for the approval and procurement of necessary licenses for the sale of internet services in a captive market
- Facilitate the setup and implementation of customer billing and interface systems for remote network monitoring.
- Facilitate the setup of equipment and devices necessary for the handshake between the multiple service providers (minimum of 4) and internal network topology in Alaro City
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the position as agreed with the Management
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), (CCNP) preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in technology, 4 of which must be in fiber and telecommunication networking experience.
- Expert knowledge of core routing and switching, PowerShell and all video conference systems
- Working experience in cloud computing, infrastructure security and databases.
- Advanced configuration of Cisco and MikroTik core network devices.
- Must have a customer-centric approach to daily operations so that he/she can impart these qualities to other team members.
- Must have a strong mentoring ability to share and impart knowledge to develop operational talent.
- Understanding and ability to build capacity across disciplines within the country O&M organisation, i.e. people, structures and processes.
- Must be able to adapt to the needs of a start-up organisation and field challenges, including shift-based work.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory framework for ICT services in Nigeria and the role of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
- Must have a detailed and thorough approach to operational activities.
- Must be curious and entrepreneurial in their general approach to tasks.
- Ability to understand the needs of starter ISP and utilities business from a service viewpoint and its financial impact.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach;
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Rigorous and organized approach; and
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to to ICTengineerRole@AlaroCity.com quoting ‘ICT & Telecoms Engineer’ as the subject.