NURSERY SUPERVISOR, NIGERIA
Position: Plant Nursery Supervisor
- Overseeing and improving the daily functions of the nursery.
- Opening the nursery in the morning and closing at the end of the business day.
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of the nursery, including watering and weeding plants, fertilizing them, and monitoring insect and disease infestation
- Monitoring watering times, soil conditions, and plant positions.
- Monitoring weather conditions and paying special attention to hot and dry temperatures.
- Hiring and training nursery staff.
- Creating staff work rosters and delegating duties.
- Ordering nursery stock including seeds, soil, stones, fertilizers, shrubs, plants, and trees.
- Controlling the inventory of plants and supplies to ensure that there is enough stock to meet demand
- Growing plants, trees, and shrubs to use as stock.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure a steady supply of plants and supplies
- Creating attractive garden and plant displays.
- Responding to customer requests.
Hard skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in horticulture
- Extensive experience in nursery management and procedures
- Experience working on greenfield projects under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong hands-on skills
- Ability to work well with chemicals and pesticides.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment;
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Rigorous and organized approach; and
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Nursery supervisor’ as the subject.