Position: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager will support the Chief Operating Officer in key business support requirements covering Human Resources, interdepartmental coordination, business objectives, and performance tracking.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide all-round support to the COO in ensuring all Company objectives per the 2022 Board-approved business plan and budget are met.
- Oversee all HR operations including but not limited to recruitment, performance management, training and development, compensation and benefits for mid-junior cadre employees, and employee welfare.
- Drive a high-performance culture focusing on key Country and group objectives and in line with the business plan.
- Engage all members of the management team in strategic operational support including but not limited to planning, coordination, and interconnectivity between teams.
- Identify and address gaps in performance and execution discipline across the Company and flag existing and potential red flags to the COO.
- Oversee and manage the site team and administration of the site office to ensure smooth business/office operations.
- Manage alumni network, maintain a robust database of alumni information, and ensure engagement on special occasions (e.g. birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, bereavements,
- Oversee the processing and renewal of special passes and work permits for expatriates and ensure renewal is done ahead of expiry and as applicable.
- Prepare and submit reports and updates to the COO, including but not limited to weekly plans, recruitment updates, training and development plans, strategic welfare activities, and
all other reports as requested.
- Ensure all Nigeria documents are filed in the in-house cloud system for ease of access and usability.
- All other duties as assigned by your line manager.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a reputable institution; Human Resources Management being an added advantage;
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of relevant human resource experience with a reputable Company.
- A professional member of an industry-relevant association will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of HR Processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated abilities in managing internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to employees, senior management, vendors and counterparties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects of various sizes and complexity across diversified stakeholder base.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com quoting ‘Operations Manager’ as the subject.