Position: Payroll/Financial Accountant
Payroll accountant prepares, submits and validates the monthly payroll in Payroll accounting system
(Sage). Works independently using judgment and discretion to ensure overall compliance and
efficient payroll processing. Responsible for updating payroll changes, manual adjustments, tax and
reporting procedures. Ensures that payroll updates are timely and accurately prepared. Prepares
monthly general ledger account reconciliations. Payroll statutory deductions and timely remittances.
Inputs or uploads all benefits deductions and earnings. Responsible for maintaining and managing records.
- Processes monthly payroll for 30+ employees.
- Reviews taxes, deductions, and earnings for accuracy and make necessary corrections.
- Updates payroll changes in payroll/accounting systems.
- Inputs/uploads all benefits deductions and earnings
- Prepares monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepares and manages payroll processing, researches and resolves discrepancies, and handles correcting entries.
- Ensures paychecks are correct and delivered on time
- Enters and reviews additional payments needed to include bonuses, allowances and overtime.
- Updates new hires and terminations in payroll system.
- Managing Tax Audits along with Tax consultants.
- Engages the tax consultant on all pending tax issues
- Bank Reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly GL Proof report.
- Preparation of transaction journals and posting of entries.
- All other assigned duties
Hard skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-4 years cognate experience or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Experience at a Big Four firm is an added advantage.
- A professional member of an industry-relevant association (ACCA or ICAN) is an added
- Knowledge of SAGE accounting software/package.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is mandatory.
- Knowledge of IFRS, local taxes and requirements.
- Experience in liaising with the auditors.
- Ability to create and manage a database
- Demonstrated abilities in management reporting: preparing and presenting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects of various sizes and complexity across a diversified customer base.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com quoting ‘Payroll/Financial Accountant’ as the subject