PROJECT MANAGER, NIGERIA
Position: Project Manager, Nigeria
To manage project delivery and interface, responsible for ensuring project objectives are met with
successful internal and external stakeholder involvement, achieving best in class levels of HSE,
business and manpower performance during all phases of the projects.
Additionally, the role will provide support to the core Construction and Delivery Team in driving
infrastructure, urban planning, development conceptualization and implementation (including
value engineering), adherence to development budget, and contracting, general project
management as well as managing necessary stakeholders to ensure projects are completed on
time, within budget and to the approved quality.
- Develop a detailed programme of works in line with the Alaro City 2021 business plan;
making the necessary periodic changes as applicable.
- Liaise with the project team in preparation of concept sketches, project presentations, and
initial analysis layouts and plans.
- Assist in the review and approval processes of the “Master Plan” and any modifications
- Vendor relationship management and coordination of RFP process and appointments for
design and construction packages.
- Prepare detailed project plan and programmes with clear milestones and target dates
Coordinate and monitor all tasks related to the implementation of the project objectives in
the business plans and budget, design coordination, site progress and all other project
- Coordinate the land surveyor, soil surveyor, environmental studies, water supply study,
electrical supply for the project;
- Assist in the preparation of “Project Briefs” and any updates in accordance with the
approved project plan;
- Assist the preparation of tender documents (including all bill of quantities, specs, payment
terms, contract, quality plan, program, health & safety plan, insurance, collateral
warranties etc) for all packages;
- Assist in aligning scope, quality, timelines and costs in line with project objectives;
- Coordinate statutory planning submissions and following up with relevant Government
departments to ensure timely approvals;
- Ensuring a clean site policy is maintained including but not limited to boarded-off
construction zones, litter-free sites and adherence to the policy by contractors, visitors,
workers etc to enhance the look and feel of Alaro City at all times;
- Assist the delivery and tracking of project specifications and guidelines for consultants
/contractors and other team members while implementing best in class HSE strategies;
- Oversee the landscaping of the site to ensure all green spaces are well maintained to
enhance the look and feel of Alaro City at all times;
- Work closely with the construction and delivery teams in ensuring smooth execution of
infrastructure, activation and other aspects of the projects;
- Assist in the supervision of appointed project consultants and contractors, and
coordinating and monitoring all aspects of their responsibilities;
- Prepare periodic cashflow projections, budget analysis and costing reports for the projects
- Monitoring project progress to ensure delivery targets are met to pre-agreed timelines,
budget and quality specifications.
- Assist in QA/QC for the projects and coordinate testing schedules.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required;
- Ensure application and compliance with Group Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy, Anti
- Money Laundering Policy and Health, Safety and Quality standards; and
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Managing Director.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a Real Estate focused discipline, Project Management
/Engineering / Architecture or equivalent.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 7-10 years hand-on experience in real estate development with at least 5
years of relevant experience in emerging markets, preferably in Africa;
- Effective development/project management skills;
- Excellent budgeting skills;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment;
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Rigorous and organized approach; and
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Practical and hands on, yet with ability to lead a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Desire to live and work in Africa/project location
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com quoting
‘Project Manager’ as the subject.