Position: Quantity Surveyor
Rendeavour is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor who will be responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of the projects in Nigeria, implementing a cost-effective strategy to source local building items and manage service contractor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review Alaro City construction plans and prepare quantity requirements;
- Scrutinize maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the company gets the best deals;
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project;
- Liaise with the Head of Construction and Delivery, Nigeria, construction manager, site engineers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors;
- Prepare reports, analyses, tender documents, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, bill of quantities and other documentation;
- Keep track of materials and order when required;
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly;
- Measure and value the work done on-site;
- Support procurement planning through collaboration with project tream and Managers in the preparation of the procurement plan;
- Assist and facilitate the development and implementation of a procurement management system in respect of planning, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the project;
- Maintain and update the procurement monitoring system and provide feedback on purchase orders to the requesting office;
- Tender report – Conduct due diligence and proffer recommendations on vendors who applied for tender;
- Review and evaluate bids or proposals received (for completeness and adequacy of technical specifications and cost-effectiveness) and prepare analysis for contract awards and submission to the review committee and Procurement Authority;
- Prepare value engineering plans and reports with regard to designs and construction elements.
- Review interim and final valuations, cost analysis and provide advice on contractual claims;
- Maintain a vendor database and ensure effective use of the system to record the listing, updating, evaluation and monitoring of the performance of service providers and vendors;
- Update vendor evaluation scorecard – complete company-wide standard template every quarter;
- Prepare annual sourcing plan and budget – to contain identified vendors, quotes and timelines;
- Prepare quarterly sourcing reports – operational and financial results of sourcing strategy to management;
- Maintain a database and web site of procurement standards and tools, roster of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics and contract advertisement and awards to share and disseminate information regularly, and
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Project Management or Real Estate focused discipline;
- Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 7-10 years hand-on experience in quantity surveying or construction estimating with at least 2 years of relevant management experience
- Excellent budgeting skills;
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Project management skills
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills
- Industry knowledge and understanding; detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology processes, materials, business and legal matters.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Task oriented, initiative driven, and enthusiastic;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent report writing and documentation skill;
- Good IT skills; and
- Good team player.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Lagos
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘Quantity Surveyor’ as the subject.