Utilities Manager, Nigeria
Position: Utilities Manager, Nigeria
Rendeavour is looking to grow its Urban Infrastructure and Utilities function in Nigeria through the hire of a Utilities Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate corporate structuring activities to create, setup and undertake the licensing of the multi-utility businesses i.e. urban management, water, power, gas and telecom utilities.
- Manage relationships with regulators, vendors, consultants and other stakeholders as necessary for the successful setup, establishment and licensing of the utility companies.
- Prepare business and statutory documentation required for the setup and approvals of the utility businesses including business plans, environmental impact assessments, white papers and implementation manuals.
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day operational functions and components of the integrated multi-utility engineering and operations department including telecoms, electrical distribution, power supply, gas distribution, water distribution and supply, sewerage and sewage treatment within Alaro City.
- Working closely with the Head of Construction and Delivery, coordinate local project development efforts for the establishment of power, water, gas and telecom utility companies.
- Have technical responsibility for handover of plant and equipment from the projects/delivery team at site, environmental reporting, compliance and monitoring of policies and procedures within the utility businesses.
- Prepare commercial and technical model for provision of utilities including setting up of tariff structure, billing framework, metering systems and ERP/software recommendations for the respective utility businesses.
- Implement and manage the utilities ERP/software system for Alaro City to ensure each of the utilities business units is tracked and monitored efficiently.
- Analyse financial, technical and billing data to identify issues and opportunities, support and reinforce credit collections.
- Supervise the daily activities relating to supply utilities and functioning of the integrated technical departments.
- Assist and support the investigation of faults and complaints about the utility services, monitor compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare the annual O&M budgets and other CAPEX expansion projects for the utilities companies.
- Manage Alaro City’s utility infrastructure along with future improvement and expansion plans.
- Represent the utilities department at meetings with other business units to ensure tight integration and coordination.
- Support customer relations to deal with complaints and other issues with end users and property owners.
- Set up, oversee and administer the urban management function for Nigeria and implementation of development control guidelines.
- Manage service charge administration and accounts.
- Monitor and oversee internal quality standards are met for the operational deliverables of utilities and maintenance services.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and other periodic reports on the status of the urban management, and utilities business at Alaro City.
- Effectively implement and ensure enforcement of best practices, policies and procedures for the utilities and urban management functions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, regulatory agencies, consultants and customers.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management or Real Estate focused discipline;
- Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 7-10 years hand-on experience in utilities or facilities management with at least 3 years of relevant management experience
- Effective development/project management skills;
- Excellent budgeting skills;
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment;
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Rigorous and organized approach; and
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘Utilities Manager, Nigeria’ as the subject.